LIKE A NOMAD
Wanderings In Visual Journaling
The practice of visual Journaling cultivates insight into the nature of the creative process and its multiple meanings. Enriched by self trust and acceptance, painting, collage, words, unconventional materials, and tactile gestures entwine to make expressive and personal complex images. It’s all about one’s willingness to reveal vulnerability and rawness for the sake of true creative freedom. Experiencing honest and joyous journeys takes precedence over producing beautiful outcomes. Ultimately, visual journaling is about witnessing one’s paths, depicting the fluidity of life, and about effortlessly carrying one’s self from one place to another. Like a nomad, roaming, continually seeking and finding new resting-places and wondrous pastures.
A nomad I will remain for life, in love with distant and uncharted places.
- Acrylic Paints, container for water, paper towels or rags
- Paint brushes, very wide to very thin
- Matte Medium (adhesive) (Liquitex is my favorite)
- Matte Gel (heavier adhesive) (Liquitex is my favorite)
- A couple of colors of liquid inks
- White & black Gesso (Liquitex is my favorite)
- Fine point permanent black pens, for example: Sharpies, Microns, Pitt artist pens
- White Gell pen: Uni-ball Signo or Gelly Roll by Sakura
- Two Tim Holtz (Ranger) Distress Ink pads, a Brown and another color (or more)
- Matte Varnish (Liquitex is my favorite)
- Personal images, notes, letters, meaningful papers.
- Heat gun
Kit fee $20 includes additional tools and materials, a hand-made journal, and a used book to be altered.